Sunday, February 6, 2011

Vote kicked

Being the one to be vote kicked from a group is an interesting experience. I know I've been kicked a few times for disconnecting, but to realize that someone kicked you from the group for being bad is a different experience entirely. 
Something is wrong with the wait time here...

I have been kicked for being bad twice.

First, Milli zoned into regular Stonecore at level 83 to a group that looked like it should be running ramps. Meaning 4 DK's and a healer. The DK that was tanking ran into the first group, then the rest did, they all AoE'd and promptly died because both the earthragers turned into elementals, and I simply couldn't heal it.

We wiped, I ran back, and found myself not in a group.

The next time, I was healing H-SFK on Luna. For the 3rd boss, the one with the adds, we were going to do the courtyard strategy. The only way I've ever seen the boss get down to the courtyard is if a dps with a movement speed increase (or a healer with the same) aggros him and books it down to the courtyard.

But this group wanted the tank to slowly tank him down the stairs, and for me to stay with him and heal. I thought that it was going to be a grab it and book it sort of situation, and ran way ahead of the tank. Tank died, we wiped, it was my fault, I apologized, and got kicked anyways.

Part of me wants to know what each group was thinking when they kicked me. I'm wondering if the first group thought that they had some chance of success and that the healer was the only thing holding them back. I think their chances of success were rather low no matter what healer they got.

With the second group, they did it a different way than I was used to, and with the many available strategies for the current bosses, I should have asked exactly what we were doing.

I think that people should give pugs a little more leeway when it comes to how they do things in a dungeon. If your guild does something that is rather strange, let anyone you pug in know ahead of time so that they don't screw it up. You'll wipe less, you won't have to vote kick the pug, everyone gets badges and loot, it's a win win.

Just remember that pugs are people too!

No comments:

Post a Comment